Monday, December 17, 2012



MY LIFE 

       
 Hi, my name is Hamza Shahid and I go to Hinsdale Central High School. I came to the United States           2 years ago from Pakistan. Currently I am a sophomore (10 Grade) at Hinsdale Central High School. Some of the classes that I take in High School are; English 2, Geometry, Intro to Business, Chemistry, Spanish and World Cultures. Some of my favorite classes are Chemistry and Spanish. The reason why I like Chemistry is that I like learning about different elements, chemical reactions, chemical properties etc. The reason why I like Spanish is because I always wanted to learn a foreign language other then English. And secondly, I enjoy that class a lot. I am also in the schools gymnastics team. Before coming to the United States I knew nothing about gymnastics but one day when I went to practice just for fun one day, I kinda started liking and so then I decided to join and since then I have really enjoyed doing it and continue doing it the rest of my years in high school. I am also in MSA club ( Muslim student association) in which we hold different kinds of fundraisers and raise money for countries in need. Last year when I was a freshmen (9th Grade) in high school I was in graphic design club in which we used to design t-shirts for clubs in our school. And lastly, when I was in middle school I was in the soccer team. 



When I first came to the United States, I didn't have any friends. I didn't know anyone and I didn't used to talk that much. But as time passed I started making friends and started to enjoy school. I also started joining different clubs and sports and due to this I made more friends. I live here with my parents and my brother in an apartment which is right next to my high school. My dad came to the United States first so that he could settle in and get a apartment and a job, and two months after that in September, my mom, my brother and I came here. I like to do a lot of stuff for fun. Some of them are; playing videogames, watching movies  spending time with friends, talking to cousins on Skype etc. 




Some of my plans for the future are first of to get good grades in high school so that I could go to a good college. I also want to do well in college so that when I get out of college, I will have a good job. My major is going to be in business but I haven't decided which field of business I want to go. But my parents want me to become a doctor because a lot of my relatives and cousins are not and not going to be doctors so they want me to be one. 








7 comments:

  1. why did you not decided what do you want to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well well well....so far i have only decided to go to some type of field in business and when i'll go in college then i'll decide which field of business i want go in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me more about your brother...is he older/younger. Do you to fight a lot?


    How did you start to make more friends and talk more after living in America? I know a lot of students have a hard time with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, when he started hanging out with me he got more confidence and little swag too...

      Delete
    2. well....my brother is 21 years old and he goes to UIC. We used to fight when we were like really young.
      Well i started making friends when i used to go to middle school. but in middle school i did have a few friends and i used to hang out with them. when i went to high school i made more friends. i also started doing gymnastics due to this i made more friends and i also made some friends when i joined soccer in middle school.
      when i first came here life was a bit hard because i didn't know anyone. especially my first week in the US was so boring. but as i started going to school, i started making friends and joined sports so now life is way better in us than it was my first year.

      Delete
  4. what kind of video games do you like

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like to play a lot of videogames...some of them are like fifa 13, fifa street, need for speed, gta 4, wwe 13, call, of duty

    ReplyDelete